This post isn't about an amazing, original idea that no one has thought of before. It's just a simple reminder about how inexpensive and easy a chalkboard frame can be.
There are many cute ones out in blogland. Some are used to announce the evening meal plan. (Cute idea, but not likely to happen with only my husband and I living here.) I decided that I would write something appropriate for the season - to use it as a reminder to focus on important things. Since this is the Thankful season, it wasn't difficult to come up with my phrase, especially since I have sooo much to be thankful for!
My three grand-babies who keep me busy and full of joy!
Okay, back to the frame. Here's the step by step:
1. Drive to the thrift store.
2. Purchase a frame you like. Hopefully only spend $1.99 like I did!
3. Take out the glass
4. Turn the back over (smooth part) and spray paint with chalkboard paint. I used Krylon's chalkboard paint.
5. Paint the frame in your desired color. I used Rustoleum's Heirloom White and added a glaze. For a how-to on glazing, go here.
6. Take your chalk and write your message!
This is so simple a grade-school student could do it. The result is the same. It's fun, cute AND inspirational!